"Feelings, feelings, and feelings. Let me try thinking instead."
- C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed (via thatkindofwoman)
(Source: lightleakingin, via thatkindofwoman)
"i want to apologize to all the women i have called beautiful
before i’ve called them intelligent or brave
i am sorry i made it sound as though
something as simple as what you’re born with
is all you have to be proud of
when you have broken mountains with your wit
from now on i will say things like
you are resilient, or you are extraordinary
not because i don’t think you’re beautiful
but because i need you to know
you are more than that"
- rupi kaur (via thatkindofwoman)
"I couldn’t live where there were no trees — something vital in me would starve."
- L.M. Montgomery, Anne’s House of Dreams (via thatkindofwoman)
(Source: larmoyante, via thatkindofwoman)
"The only obsession everyone wants: ‘love.’ People think that in falling in love they make themselves whole? The Platonic union of souls? I think otherwise. I think you’re whole before you begin. And the love fractures you. You’re whole, and then you’re cracked open."
- Philip Roth, The Dying Animal (via simply-quotes)
(Source: simply-quotes, via move-up-move-on)
"Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind."
- Dodinsky (via observando)
"Pour me another so I can remember how true that I am to this addiction of you"
- Slug (via gabbielovesugly)
"I remember crying over you and I don’t mean a couple of tears and I’m blue. I’m talking about collapsing and screaming at the moon."
- The Avett Brothers, Tear Down the House (via bummedteenager)
(Source: aninsignificantlittlespeck, via handmedownhearts)
"I’m not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me."
- Esperanza Spalding (via lucidusflux)
(Source: blackcoffeebluez, via acousticc)
"Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you’re supposed to. Stay home on New Year’s Eve if that’s what makes you happy. Skip the committee meeting. Cross the street to avoid making aimless chitchat with random acquaintances. Read. Cook. Run. Write a story."
- Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking (via rainysundaysandcoffee)
(Source: technojournee, via amoraliste)